Dzogchen Teaching in the historic city of Prague
The event venue
The event will take place in a represenative building of Industrial Palace (Průmyslového paláce), Výstaviště Praha Holešovice, 170 00, Praha 7. You can enjoy more pohtos of the venue here.
The on-site registration starts on Friday 12:00. Each participant will get there the entrance batch indispensable for entering the main hall as well as materials necessary for the retreat participation (text of morning practice etc.).
The recording of the Teaching will be also sent to you after to the e-mail address entered/confirmed at the on-site registration.
The chairs will be prepared for all those who requested it in the registration form and a limited ammount will be available even without registration. If you can, please be so kind to bring your own mat/blanket and meditation cushion for your comfortable sitting. In this way you will help to make the chairs available for those who relay need it.
It will be possible to buy vegetarian lunch right at the retreat venue. It will provided by companies like Dahaba, Vegetka, Raw for you etc.
The animals are forbidden to enter the venue. Please be so kind to leave your pets at home this time.
The most convenient tram stop is called „Výstaviště Holešovice“, it is operated by tram lines 12, 17, 24.
You can get on those trams at Metro station "Nádraží Holešovice“ - line "C" (red line). From this metro station you can also comfortably walk to the retreat venue, duration approx. 20 minutes, distance 1,2 km.
You can ask local people to guide you to "Výstaviště" (area of "The exhibition grounds") and then to "Průmyslový palác" (name of the building where the retreat is held - "Industrial Palace").
For the timetables of Prague Public transport you can use www.dpp.cz
Taxi in Prague
AAA Taxi Phone: 14014, Profi Taxi Phone: 14015.
Never pay more then price according to the price list, it is maximum 1,2 EUR per km plus the entrance fee maximum 2 EUR. Both mentioned taxi providers have possibility to travel for 16,90-17,90 Kč/km if you order the taxi via their call-centre and ask for the operator for the discounted price at the beginning of your phone-call. You can find more information at their website.
Transportation for Saturday's transmission
Night time tables with more information here, for English scroll down.
Because of great interest in Rinpoche's Worldwide transmission, Prague's public transport provider reinforced the night trams lines between 4:00 and 5:00. Beside that, a dedicated Dzogchen bus line number 888 will be in place, going from "Lazarská" station/street to "Výstaviště Holešovice". "Lazarská" station is the central hub of all night trams in Prague. To reach the other "serviced" bus and tram stations, you can use www.dpp.cz.
During the transmission, i.e. on Sat 13.8.2016 from 4:00 till 7:00, the retreat participants can park at Výstaviště HC Sparta - Parking. Price for this period is 100 CZK.
The most of the parking spaces are so called "blue zones", where only residential parking is allowed. But beside that, from Friday 18.00 and during the whole weekend ,it is possible to park your car FOR FREE at the "orange and green" parking zones. You can find the overview of the parking zones and relevant traffic signs here.
Paid parking in the neighbourhood
- Výstaviště - Incheba parking - rezervace: +420 702 128 232, 70-80 míst, car 40 CZK/hour or 200 CZK/day
- Výstaviště - HC Sparta - Parking - rezervace p. Žíla +420 774 007 855, email: email@example.com , 500 spaces, car 40 CZK/hour, 240 CZK/půl day, 500 CZK/day
- www.ParkovistePrahaHolesovice.cz - tel: +420 602 579 034, car 20 CZK/hour
- www.ParkovistePraha7.cz - tel: +420 608 474 767, car 15 CZK/hour, or 90 CZK/day
In any decent exchange office you can always get more then 26 CZK for 1 EURO. Never accept less! The exchange office at the airport and numerous others are known to have unfair exchange rates, often hidden behind minimal amount or VIP exchange rates. Be careful about that, get the good price or better withdraw money from ATM. List of some exchange offices below:
Eating in Prague
There are countless nice restaurants in Prague. We are choosing only a few for you, may be the ones which you might have trouble to find.
There so many possibilities of cultural enjoyment in Prague. If you are going to spend more time in Prague and you wish to enjoy its monuments or if you wish to see some other interesting places in Czech Republic, you can find more information at:
You can find the Prague children's playground overview at www.praguest.com/en/playgrounds. The closest playground to the retreat venue is here
Call 112 for any emergency services (ambulance, fire and rescue, police)
In the following section we are offering you some hints about the accommodation possibilities in Prague. All the prices mentioned below are only indicative and are intend for your better orientation when choosing the venue.
Accommodation search engines
Using the search engines below, you can find an accommodation according to your price, location & comfort requirements.
Hotels near retreat venue
- Expo Hotel, Za Elektrárnou 3, Praha 7, phone +420 266 712 470, price 2 persons/night: 70-90 €
- Residence Vysta, U Výstaviště 13, Praha 7, phone +420 212 243 250, price 2 persons/night: 49 €, apartman 4 persons/night: 95 €
- Extol Inn, Přístavní 2, Praha 7, phone +420 220 802 549, price 2 persons/night: 79 €
- Kotel Klára, Štenberkova 20, Praha 7, phone +420 220 809 909, price 2 persons/night: 50 €
- Kotel Olga, Janovského 50, Praha 7, phone +420 220 878 020, price 2 persons/night: 80 €
- VŠUP Hostel, Varhulíkové 13, Praha 7, phone +420 777 222 333, price 2 persons/night: 23 €
- Hostel Kotva, Na Výšinách 903/2, Praha 7, phone +420 220 570 698, price 2 persons/night: 49 €
If your rather prefer to spare money, you can utilise the following options:
- Hostel Alia, ul. Vladimirova, Praha 4 Nusle, phone +420 723 702 42, 2 persons/night: 15- 25 €
- Hostel Elf, Husitská 11, Praha 3, tel +420 222 540 96, price 2 persons/night: 67 € (share bathroom), price for 6 beds and more 26 € ( price is per bed)
- Hostel Mango, Mišenska 68/8, Praha, price 2 persons/night: 75 €, price for 6 beds and more 23 € ( price is per bed)
- Sporthostel Scandinavia, Drnovska 43/19, Praha 6, tel +420 222 539 53, price 2 persons/night: 22 €
- Autokemp Hájek, phone +420 233 541 35, 1 person 4€, car 3 €, tent for 2 persons 4 €/day
- Camp Dana, phone +420 603 364 82, 1 person 5 €, car 5 €, tent for 2 persons 5 €/day
- Camp Herzog, phone +420 607 126 56, 1 person 3 €, car 3 €, tent for 2 presons 4 €/day
- Camp sokol Troja, phone +420 233 542 90, 1 person 5 €, car 5 €, tent for 2 persons, 4 €/day
- Prague camping Džbán, phone +420 725 956 45, 1 person 5 €, car 4 €, tent for 2 persons 17 €/day